Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

transmission i.d. numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 12:32 AM
littlebit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission i.d. numbers

Could someone tell me where the numbers are on an automatic transmission to determine if it is a 46r or 47r?I looked just above the transmission pan on the lip on the drivers side and found some numbers but there isn't any stating it being a 46r or 47r.

Old 11-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Default RE: transmission i.d. numbers

What year is your truck? Since you posted in the Ramcharger section, I'll assume it's a 74-93, right? If it's a 1988 or older, it'll have a 3-speed 727 Torqueflite (reguardless of whether it's a big block/small block, 2 or 4wd). If it's an 89-93, you'll have the A-518 4-speed overdrive if it's a 4x4, or a 904 if it's a 2wd.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
LEVE
Default RE: transmission i.d. numbers

The numbers embossed on the machined edge are the numbers you need. They are production code numbers. They do not reflect the type of transmission, such as you're looking for. Take the number to a DC Dealer parts and they can decode the number and ID the transmission.

Quick Reply: transmission i.d. numbers