Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

ramcharger will not start on incline?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
moparjonzo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ramcharger will not start on incline?

for some reason my 90 never started on a hill... I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 PM
ram85muscle
Default RE: ramcharger will not start on incline?

I've heard of the problem, but never had it. Depending on if its carbed or not, try checking the floats, see if they are sticking, or maybe the fuel is not getting in there, does it just turn over or does it want to start, what sounds does it meke. Think about these questions and how a hill can effect your fuell system, I hope this helps.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 AM
moparjonzo

it's fuel injected, and that's what i was told about it when i bought her. I personally haven't had any problems yet, but I'll keep those in mind if I do. Atleast I can tell the lady she isn't crazy. she told me she had her own personality... I actually believe that. I was told she left it at the dealership overnight, for an "oil change" and that's when it started happening to her... once again thanks for the tips on this...

Old 02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
lugnuts
All Star

If it does it when you getlowon fuel, pull the tank and have look. The tank might have been banged on the bottom and bent/broke thepump assy,or maybe knocked the baffle loose.Correct me if I'm wrong, I think these use the coiled tubing type pump assy. My F.I. came off a pick up. Never seen a Ramcharger set up. My old '86 4X4 had this problem after I installed the factory '88 F.I. with an external pump. The tube was bent up about 5' off the bottom. Hung a weighted hose on mine to make sure it stays submerged no matter the angle of the truck. Sounds likeyours issucking air instead of fuel.Be worth a look.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Chump
Captain

In-line fuel filter, in-tank fuel filter, bad fuel pump, cracked rubber fuel lines or pin holes in metal or rubber lines.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:31 PM
rampar410

hey chump could it be a short or a lose wire ?? my coil wire did this to me.. like to have never found it.. quinn

Old 02-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Chump
Captain

ORIGINAL: rampar410

hey chump could it be a short or a lose wire ?? my coil wire did this to me.. like to have never found it.. quinn
Could be..you've been around to see stranger things like trucks cutting off only on a left or right hand turn,etc.
If I knew this problem was able to be reproduced anytime parked on an incline, I would try a shot of starting fluid first to see if it fires up for a few seconds and then go from there.

Quick Reply: ramcharger will not start on incline?