Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Check engine light help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 PM
hillbillydeluxe51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light help

Can anyone tell me why the hell my check engine light is on? I have a 90 ramcharger with the 5.9 360 and its runs like a raped ape. It was sputtering for a wile and the check engine light was on, so I had the two injectors replaced as well as the fuel filter, when I got it back the light was off. Its been about a month now and the truck still runs perfect, yet the light came back on. Any ideas? Or is this typical of these trucks. I worked at Central 4wd in Sacramento Ca for a year and been building trucks for 4, I like to consider myself the above average backyard mechanic, but this ones got me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Chump
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check engine light help

ORIGINAL: hillbillydeluxe51

Can anyone tell me why the hell my check engine light is on? I have a 90 ramcharger with the 5.9 360 and its runs like a raped ape. It was sputtering for a wile and the check engine light was on, so I had the two injectors replaced as well as the fuel filter, when I got it back the light was off. Its been about a month now and the truck still runs perfect, yet the light came back on. Any ideas? Or is this typical of these trucks. I worked at Central 4wd in Sacramento Ca for a year and been building trucks for 4, I like to consider myself the above average backyard mechanic, but this ones got me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pull the error codes off the computer before you go any further.

Displaying & Reading Trouble Codes Accessing Codes

With Check Engine Lamp

To start the function, cycle ignition switch ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within 5 seconds and any stored fault code will appear. Check engine lamp will display the code by flashing on and off. There is a short pause between flashes and a longer pause between digits. All codes displayed are 2 digit numbers with a 4 second pause between codes. The lamp will flash until all codes are displayed then 55 (end test) will appear.

With DRB II Tool

1.Connect DRBII test tool or equivalent, to electrical connector located under the hood.
2.Turn ignition switch to the RUN position, then turn test tool ON.
3.Depress YES key to select model year, engine and diagnostic test mode.
4.Record all fault codes, then erase codes.
5.Start engine and allow to idle for 7 minutes.
6.Raise engine speed above 1500 RPM for 30 seconds.
7.Turn engine off, then put system in diagnostic test mode.
8.Record all codes.

Quick Reply: Check engine light help