Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

best way to get more 4x4 power???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:44 PM
tuna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best way to get more 4x4 power???

im trying to figure out the best way to get more power out of my 318 without spending thousands. im only wanting to spend a few hundred dollars and just get a bit more power out of it. i just tore the engine down all the way to the block.so im open to ideas right now. im not sure if the heads are good or not, im going to take them this week to get them baked and inspected. if they are still good i will probably just port and polish them. ive never really built any kind of engine back up so im very new to this. learning alot as i go. so ANY advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 03-23-2008, 10:25 PM
4404x4
Default RE: best way to get more 4x4 power???

spend the money on the heads. and just make sure you bearing and rings are in good shape. That motor needs to breath. Take the time and do it yourself and save a ton of money.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:47 AM
tuna

i took the heads block and crank to a machine shop to get them inspected for cracks, and if they are good i will probably go with roller rockers and new lifters and rods. then a new intake and cam. i dont have too much money to spend so im tryin to keep the cost low. best bang for my buck. any tips??

Old 06-01-2008, 08:46 PM
ramitupurs84

I did everything you metioned. I scraped all the emissions junk. Depending on how well you build it, you could get headers. Stock mani's will do fine unless she is a runner. While you got it out make it dependable go the HEI route.

Quick Reply: best way to get more 4x4 power???