Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1984 RAMCHARGER QUESTION ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 06:57 PM
BIG MAC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 RAMCHARGER QUESTION ???

I recently purchased a 1984 Ramcharger 150 Prospector. I am trying to get the heat/ac working and have run into a snag. The heater control unit has several vac lines that control various actuators in the HVAC system. My problem is that there is a splice in the vac lines between the heater control and the actuators. The vac lines mate together with a male and female molded plug. My problem is that the molded plugs have disintegrated and I have no clue as to which vac line connects to another so that I can just splice them together with some larger vac line. I have to different manuals and they offer no specific help on identifying which vac line goes where on the heater control. I went to the local Dodge dealer and the hoses and fittings are no longer available. The parts guy said to see if the shop manager could find a factory manual with the necessary info and make me a copy. Never was able to get the service manager to talk with me and the guy at the counter seemed like he didn't want to be bothered. Anybody got any suggestions or info that might help me.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Ram
Default RE: 1984 RAMCHARGER QUESTION ???

Your going to have to go to a jy and find a complete new suite case to dash control vacuum assembly with that inter connection block intact. They get brittel over time and just crumble all apart so find the newest model that you can say up to 93 or so that should still work on yours. Maybe someone can chime in if I quoted you up to high! For the winter you can manually move some of the dampeners and get the baffels for heat or defrost to send air where you want. They are not to hard to find in a yard.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:52 PM
28this
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a little more time consuming, but you can also marry the lines up one at a time at specific settings on the controls until the air goes where it is suppose to. Yes, you should even be able to go up to '93's in jy to find a replacement. About the only differences in the 80's and 90's is fuel injection and a little bit of body style. Good luck on the lines.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:57 AM
shfd302jcb

dont know if you ever got this fixed, but i ran into the exact same problem. Here is what i did. I matched up all these hoses by color. Then I got the smallest shrink tubing I could find. I heated up the shrink tubing to hold the hoses together. Everything works fine now.

Quick Reply: 1984 RAMCHARGER QUESTION ???