Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

lifting 4x4 ramcharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 AM
looney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifting 4x4 ramcharger

I am looking 2 lift my 88 360 RC bought for a mere $500 (atleast 1 good thing came from high gas prices, CHEAP trucks 4 sale). most all of the lifts i can find use either block or add a leafs for the rear. What are the options for compete kits with front rear springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, drop pitman arm or steering block, adjustable drag link, extended sway bar links, transfercase spacer, extended brake lines, and anything else i would need? Are there any REAL complete kits out there? I would like to put 35" tires on without any trimming of fenders. Would a 4" do this or should i go 6"? I read with 6 you can end up with more problems like binding the driveshaft or severe drive train vibration. any advice or links would be appreciated.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
DustDevil33

I had a six inch lift in my 78 warlock to clear 35's and the kit used angled shims to correct the pinion angle. I'm not sure if a 4 inch will clear without trimming. I think my kit came from Rancho, hit them up for some info. Rough country may also have a kit available. A little research goes a long way. Although I don't think you're gonna get a complete lift for 500 bucks. If you find one, let me know so I can get one for mine.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 AM
looney

oh i wasnt expecting to only pay 5oo for the lift. i was just saying thats how much the truck itself cost me.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
88rhyno

i have a 4 inch lift on my 88 rc and i run 33x12.50x15's cuz when i put my lift on i was told thats all i could fit wit a 4 inch but after the lift and i put the tires on i can clearly fit 35's no problem

Old 08-28-2008, 06:50 AM
looney

ok i am going with the 4". but does anyone know where to get the shackle bushings for the rear. none of my local parts stores can source them and i dont seem to see any on line. i had to heat the left rear rust frozen bolt in order to remove it. now my bushing is gone. is this something that needs to be specialy made?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:34 PM
lugnuts
All Star

Got 4'' and 35x12.5s on mine,had to trim the front fenders at the lower corners a little.
Here's the bushings, http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/dgt2.html

Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 AM
looney

thanks but those are not the same bushings that i need. i have the springs just not the lower part of the shackle. i just ordered new shackles with the bushings installed from mopar.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 AM
lugnuts
All Star

Don't know if miine was an isolated case or not but I had a pretty good vibration with 4". To cure it I took a 1" section outta the crossmember to help the front joint/rear shaft, and sectioned the mtr mnts 3/4" to help the front shaft cardan angle. You'll also need to grind the ears off some on the cardan for clearance at full droop. Angle milled the lift blocks on the rear to straighten up the rear u-joint. Runs smooth.

Quick Reply: lifting 4x4 ramcharger