Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

87 D-150

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 02:04 PM
SHADOWES
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 D-150

Anyone know where i can get mods for a 87 Dodge D-150 I-6 3.7? I know the I-6 is a work horse, but i live in the mountains and it's really slow about getting up those hills. And I mean SLOW. Anything I can do to make it look, sound, a feel more powerful?

Old 06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
kellyfromva
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an 85 D150 with a slant six, tried several power-adding parts, but was still underwhelmed with the performance:

* Offenhauser 4 barrel intake manifold (ported and polished) with modified Holley 450 CFM carb.

* Exhaust Headers (2-3into1) with custom made mandrel bent 2" exhaust system and crossover pipe to keep the cylinder pulse balance correct and low-restriction cat converter.

* MSD ignition system.

* Be Cool aluminum radiator with 16" electric fan (replacing mechanical fan and single-core radiator).

* Spectre cold air intake system with K&N filter.

* Trans-Dapt torque converter and shift kit.

In the end all I had was a slant six with the fuel economy of a 360 V8 (depending how heavy I was on the throttle). Sure it had a little more get up and go than stock, but it wasn't worth the trouble nor expense.

My advice? Engine swap to a V8 or buy a truck with a V8 already.

Quick Reply: 87 D-150