Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

I just purchased a 78 Dodge Adventurer

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:17 AM
69_Dart_GT_Convertible
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just purchased a 78 Dodge Adventurer

Club Cab 150. It is supposed to be full time 4WD but the front transfer case was all messed up so it is all un hooked (so essentially it is 2wd right now). My plan is to steal a bunch of stuff off of a late 80's ramcharger to make it normally 2WD and be able to switch it to 4WD. I'm also going to put in the the power windows and locks. (It already has a/c, power brakes, steering, dual fuel tanks, and the body is in really nice condition).

The previous owner had rebuilt the 360 and dropped on a nice 4bbl carb. What I'd like to do is take a late model 3rd Generation 5.7 out of a Ram and drop it in there. I'll have more power and torque than the 360 and with better gas mileage.

Do you have any sources on who has done this? I know there are a lot of sources for older mopars, but I can't really seem to find any for late 70's pick ups. It should be fairly straight forward, but it is always nicer to learn from someone elses mistakes than your own

Any help, advice, hints, etc. would be great!

Thanks

Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure about the engine swap, but it can be done, if you want to convert from full time to part time t-case, there is a kit avalible to convert your t-case, when i did mine, i think it was about $100, but if you do the engine swap, i would say, find a wrecked doner truck ant take everything, engine, trans, and t-case

Quick Reply: I just purchased a 78 Dodge Adventurer