Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1987 Ramcharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:31 PM
4 Barrel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Ramcharger

Hi I am new to this forum. I would be very grateful for some advice on a 4x4 problem with my '87 Ramcharger. This is a truck with its orginal drivetrain ( 318, auto, 4x4 ) and in very good condition overall. The truck just came back from a Dodge dealership as it was leaking tranny fluid. The 4x4 components worked just fine before my visit to said dealership. The tranny was pulled and the transfer case was found to be cracked. It was sent out for a weld repair. Everything was reinstalled. No further leakage, all shifts are perfect, but when I got the truck back to my farm I went to use the 4x4 function. Unfortunately it would not engage in any of the 4x4 modes. It remains only in 4x2 high. I followed the owners manual, attempting to engage 4x4 high with the truck stopped and in neutral. Also tried while in park. No luck. The dash 4x4 light indictator also never came on. Wondering whats up here. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 1987 Ramcharger