Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1992 Ramcharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Panatellos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Ramcharger

I have committed to buying a 1992 4X4 RC that I will pick up around the first of March. I got what I feel is a good deal from a life long friend who just wants to keep it in the family ($800). Like any $800 truck it has it's problems that will be worked out. I will try to get picture soon.

My question is if there is anything in particular that I should be aware of in this truck? It has had routine maintainence done to it. In fact I think I have put as many miles on it as he has in the 4 yrs he has owned it. I know I have more time off road in it than he has, and that was all gentle mud (cough......) My main intention is to use it as a daily driver until I can find something more economical (which I am in no hurry to do till the gas prices rise to astronomical levels again) then it will be a weekend fishing truck (I live 5 miles from a lake) Any suggestion and comments are welcomed.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Reese Kennedy

well i paid 800 for a 88 318 4x4 rc the only problem i found with mine is the oil pan gasket was in need of some tlc and due to the fact it sat for 6 years it just lil stuff that you dont really think about in a daily driver if you have driven it and it doesnt seem to have any major issues then go for it

Old 02-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Panatellos

I picked it up yesterday... I paid $800 for it then changed out the U-joints (they were factory from 1992 and 188,000 miles.) it was a PAIN to get them out even with a U-joint removal tool. We then changed the tranfer case fluid and motor oil... The tire were already changed to Goodride h280. I have never heard of this brand of tires. They have a little more highway noise than I like but seem to have a nice tread pattern. http://www.goodride.de/tyres_cars.html (towards the bottom of the page)

I will try to get pictures soon...

Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Reese Kennedy

cant wait for some pictures will be posting some of mine by the end of the day tommorow

Quick Reply: 1992 Ramcharger