Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Smog woes

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 03:28 AM
exarkunone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog woes

I just moved to californa and am trying to bring my ramcharger in with me. That means Smog check *pauses for cheering* My truck runs fine but its missing the stock airbox (replaced with a mopar performance doohickey) so it didnt pass I headed to a local junkyard and pulled an airbox off an 88 ram van, but that dosent seem to fit, coolant hoses and alternator get in the way, if it were raised up a couple of inches it might work. I guess what I need is a reccomendation on where to get a stock airbox, or perhaps a cold air intake. I'd really apreciate any help.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Chump
Captain
Default RE: Smog woes

ORIGINAL: exarkunone

I just moved to californa and am trying to bring my ramcharger in with me. That means Smog check *pauses for cheering* My truck runs fine but its missing the stock airbox (replaced with a mopar performance doohickey) so it didnt pass I headed to a local junkyard and pulled an airbox off an 88 ram van, but that dosent seem to fit, coolant hoses and alternator get in the way, if it were raised up a couple of inches it might work. I guess what I need is a reccomendation on where to get a stock airbox, or perhaps a cold air intake. I'd really apreciate any help.
Got a year and engine size?
You need the air cleaner asm?

Old 09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
vestpuzzle1
Professional

Any salvage yard will have partial or the entire assembly.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:42 PM
stormer426
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to different smog dude

Old 10-31-2005, 06:32 AM
Dodge4Life
Professional

move out of cali. I live in new mexico, and there are no emission checks, so i pulled all of my emissions off, and cut out the cat on my 88, its so great, and its only illegal if you get caught.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Chump
Captain

Try www.car-part.com for a used cleaner asm.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:05 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

get your gas tank real low all most to 1/4 tank. get some methanol about 3-4 gal. in the tank, it will run very porely, but it might pass. then go and fill with gas. in NO way would i go to that state. i made a move to an other city, but i didnt get money to move back, if it didnt work out. course now iam retired in my home town, loving being home.

Quick Reply: Smog woes