Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1989 tbi 360 coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:08 AM
Celtics60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 tbi 360 coolant leak

Hey, I need some help with my 1989 ramcharger with a tbi 360. Once I finally got it started I noticed a leak after it warmed up. It looked/smelled like boiling coolant/water. I am not very familiar with this engine, as I have a 318 in an 89 ram, so this looks different to me. Anyways the leak is coming from about half way back, on the left side top of the engine. It's opposite of the egr valve. There is some tube/pipe going into the engine block and the coolant is boiling right in the spot. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? It's not pouring out, the engine doesnt over heat, but it creates smoke/steam and a smell. Am I going to have to redo the intake gasket to fix this issue, or is there an o-ring that failed on that tube thing that's causing that. I can't seem to find any information on the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: 1989 tbi 360 coolant leak