Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Hoisting and Leaf Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 PM
dennisonwj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoisting and Leaf Springs

Hello Fellow Babies...
I have a 1987 Ramcharger 4x4. The front springs are completely toast. Ordered some Dayton 6 springs from JCW, they are showing up soon. I have some questions if y'all would be so kind.

- I have done a single leaf spring years ago on a car, never both fronts on a high truck such as this. Could you give me some pointers on how to do it on jack stands so I do not kill myself and more importantly, not hurt the Dodge?
- Where on the frame should I place my jack stands for this?
- Should I lift each corner and support it, do the swap, and then move to the other side and do the same, or should I lift the entire side of the truck and jack stand it, or should I lift the entire front and jack stand it, I do not have the ability to lift the ENTIRE vehicle for this, too small a shop?
- It seems like the U-Bolt plates are not flat because they have an anti-sway bar bolted through them, I was hoping to get NEW hardware for all the leaf spring components, the ones I cannot replace I will clean Rust Bullet and top coat. Anyone know where I can get new front suspension components without KILLING the bank?
- If someone has a procedure outside of the little bit I got from the FSM and the Haynes, I would love to see it.

- Will

Quick Reply: Hoisting and Leaf Springs