Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge SUVs > Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon
Reload this Page >

85 dodge ramcharger, replacement engine

Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

85 dodge ramcharger, replacement engine

Old 05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
J.W. COWAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 85 dodge ramcharger, replacement engine

my 85 ramcharger is getting the engine replaced with a remanufactured one, i have tow questions
1. which fuel should i use, will 89 work ok or should i go with 92, i i put shell in the previous
engine,
2. should i put regular oil in for the first 200 miles and change it, and after break in, put
synthetic there after

i would appreciate the response, i want to make the right decision

Old 05-01-2017, 01:55 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine manufacturer should be able to tell you. Generally, run what the engine is designed for unless you are tuned to run a different octane. Run whatever oil the manufacturer recommends. Most engines don't need "break in" oil like the old days, ,but then again, there should be documents pertaining to this information included with the remanufactured engine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: