Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Help!!! Front axle

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 11:09 PM
Terry Parker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Front axle

Hi I am new here and need some help. I just bought my second 70s dodge w series. 75 w100 But I am having serious issues trying to get front hub bearings right and the half shaft in thru knuckle. Its been nightmare. Previous owner ripped both sides apart and didnt know what he was doing. And has everything beat up. I want to know what front axle I can get to bolt right up and work as it should but be modern and easier to maintenance?

Old 03-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You should have a dana 44, Although dana made the axle chrysler made some parts to go on it like the hubs knuckle etc. Not much changed in the 44 but getting one out of a newer truck with the cad unit may be an option.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:38 PM
Terry Parker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes

It is a 44 live spindle. I have it all together now except the high steer studs were missing. I just dont like the way its put together like the brake caliper and they are hard on bearings. Plus cost as much to replace parts as to buy axle. Maybe looking to sell it once its road worthy. Like to see it get restored. But it's a good running driving truck for its day

Quick Reply: Help!!! Front axle