Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

89 Dodge Raider Starting Problem....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Dodge Raider Starting Problem....

I'm having trouble getting my 89 D-50 Raider (3.0 V-6/5 Speed) started. The starter was removed and tested and it's fine. I connected teh positive cable directly to the starter to make sure it wasn't a voltage drop issue. The ground is brand new. There is a click when the key is turned, followed by a high pitch whine (sounds electrical, not mechanical). The engine is not seized and teh battery is good. Tried push starting it and it just shudders, it won't even attempt to start. I am hoping it's not clutch related, anyone have any insight?

Danny

Old 02-09-2006, 04:25 PM
TIGERMAN
Default RE: 89 Dodge Raider Starting Problem....

doesn't sound like a cluth problem, it sounds more like the carb is wore out, my 87 ramcharger did the same thing so i rebuilt the carb. and after putting it back on it cranked fine. so try cleaning out the carb or even rebuilding it.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:13 AM
Chump
Captain
Default RE: 89 Dodge Raider Starting Problem....

Is the high pitch sound from the starter? I have seen many starters that are bench tested only to fail in the vehicle. Tell us what the whine is and what the starter is doing.

Quick Reply: 89 Dodge Raider Starting Problem....