Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Auto Hubs To Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Dennis88RamCharger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Hubs To Manual

i just bought an 88 Ramcharger and the front hubs wont lock i think they are vacuum controlled cause they dont have the little dial on the outside of them my question is instead of dumping hundreds of dollars into fixing and playing guessing games with the auto hubs can i just take off the auto hubs and buy manual lockings hubs for the front and just do away with the autos

Old 12-15-2006, 02:44 AM
kcatto
Default RE: Auto Hubs To Manual

1988 front axle should be a dana 44 CAD axle..... vacum activated....

be sure and check thee vacum line going down to the little round pod on the front axle and make sure there is vacum and itis attached....

If you change to manual lockouts you will need to permenantly lock the front axle.... with a lock plate... The only place I knew that made a lock plate kit went out of business so you will have to build your own...

Hope this helps you out,
kev

Old 12-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Dennis88RamCharger

yeah i put in some Warn Manual Locking hubs and they still dont lock

if i check the vacuum going in to that motor and there is none where do i go from there?

Old 12-25-2006, 12:11 AM
rampar410

ok hope no one is offended.. this sub. was asked and excelent info and pics... are on the okla chapter on ramchargercentral.com. look in
quinn

Quick Reply: Auto Hubs To Manual