Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

importing a RmChrgr

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
crazypete
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default importing a RmChrgr

I've seen alot of talk about the newer Ram Charger Mexi-trucks. I personally would love one with a 318 magnum. I could goto Mexico and buy one ~`98 model, but what would it take to legally drive one in the US? I heard they don't meet crash req'ments and probably different emmissions. Maby i'd have to get one and steal a smog legal engine from an American dodge of about the same year?any other thoughts/ideas?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: importing a RmChrgr

ORIGINAL: crazypete

I've seen alot of talk about the newer Ram Charger Mexi-trucks. I personally would love one with a 318 magnum. I could goto Mexico and buy one ~`98 model, but what would it take to legally drive one in the US? I heard they don't meet crash req'ments and probably different emmissions. Maby i'd have to get one and steal a smog legal engine from an American dodge of about the same year?any other thoughts/ideas?
Yeah, they dont meet crash standards requirements nor the emissions here in the USA. I would think you could probably get one for strictly off-road use and have it here....and yeah the motors you could swap as well.....

Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
crazypete
Rookie

how about getting one for daily driving? I already have one thats going off road, and if I get a nicer one that'll have an AC and nice interior, i'd want to use it for driving, i don't guess any one has tried to get one into the US?

Old 03-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Ramcharger1987
Amateur

Ive toyed with the idea because theyve grown on me. If I can get one for under 10K Im gonna make a run to the border. But, as stated, it will have to be offroad, so I think Ill swap components from a wrecked Ram 4x4 if I can find one of close to similar year. As far as I know, some people have been driving them in the USA legally. Ive seen some on Auto Trader in California. They have Mexican plates and are registered in Mexico. Dont exactly know how a sale like that would work...

Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
crazypete
Rookie

i think it would be easier to chop the frame of a 1500 ram and drop a body onto it, if the 2 trucks are the same year most of the parts should match rather easily after that.

Quick Reply: importing a RmChrgr