Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

new and could use some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:35 PM
tnmudchic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new and could use some help

ok guys I know most of you may laugh at me but I need help. On an impulse I bought a 78 Dodge Ramcharger the other day. It runs ok but I am having trouble. When I start to pull out it doesn't want to go, like something may be wrong with the tranny. It is an automatic. Maybe I am doing something wrong. This is the first 4x4 I have owned other than my Grand Cherokee. Where should the other shifter be? Neutral for occasional trips to the store? Lo and Hi 4 lock in and work, just the start is not right. But once the Beast gets going things seem ok.[sm=boohoo.gif][:@]

Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
ladd377
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new and could use some help

well to start u should be in 2 hi.. the 78 is a full time [ie the frount turns all the time] when the rear tires spin the front kicks in .evenif u arent in 4x4. ur just not used to it yet .. ur OK