2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

i have to ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 12:35 PM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have to ask

what is the ALLURE of putting a later model front bumper on the 2nd gen ram???

as far as im concerned the 2nd gen is the best looking truck dodge has ever made..

Old 08-25-2017, 09:48 AM
Jroberds1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Its Custom Bro"

Looks good when painted to match. Its also Bro Dozer status.. and honestly, if I had the cash to throw at it, I would do it too.

As far as best looking?? Perhaps. I really like the new 3/4 - 1 ton trucks with the sport appearance and LED/Projector lamps.. Interiors are better across the board.

However, on the rare occation that I see a clean 2nd gen, or even a perfect example.. I cant help but stare.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I really don't see any "allure". I think people want something a bit different. Some of the aftermarket bumpers don't look to bad but can be pricey.

as far as im concerned the 2nd gen is the best looking truck dodge has ever made..
I would have to agree but my 78 power wagon would be a close second.

I was thinking of putting on this aftermarket bumper on my Indy but it's no longer made.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

I think it's hideous as well. See a lot of 2nd gen CTDs out here with 4th gen bumpers. So what if it bolts up? Doesn't line up, nor does it improve the design. It looks way too big and kills the grille and headlights ratio for the 2nd gen.

But whatever. I also can't stand black wheels and EVERY SINGLE TRUCK has them so what's a guy to do? That's why God invented beer.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I also can't stand black wheels and EVERY SINGLE TRUCK has them so what's a guy to do?
I agree 100% Black rims are absolutely hideous!!! Looks like 15 year old was bored and all he had was flat black paint. I'll never understand black rims.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:18 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
I agree 100% Black rims are absolutely hideous!!! Looks like 15 year old was bored and all he had was flat black paint. I'll never understand black rims.
They don't show neglect as much. Chrome and polished surfaces show the damage from brake dust way before black does. When they do sand them down and go to walmart for some more paint. In all seriousness there are some black rims that look good but I do prefer something different than everyone else. Thats why I went brass colored.