Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1997 B2500 no fuel pressure. need wire diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:11 PM
askced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 B2500 no fuel pressure. need wire diagram

Hi
I have a 1997 ram van b2500 v6 that just stopped running. fuel pressure gauge says zero. It will run with starting fluid. I assume it is the fuel pump and buy one. opps. bad idea to assume. now I am looking for the wires that power the pump. Looking at the connector that snaps into the pump connector there are four wires. on the left there two (blue and a black) and the right there are two (black/white stipe and a green). I would like to know which is the power and ground for the pump. I believe the other two are for the fuel level sensor. I've attached a pic.
thanks

Attached Thumbnails 1997 B2500 no fuel pressure. need wire diagram-power-connector.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dark Green 12 volt positive to pump motor.
Black ground for pump motor.

Have you check the fuses and relay in the PDC for the pump? Find the fuel pump relay and jump slot 30 with 87 and see if the pump works. If so then the problem is up in the PDC.

Pin 30 12+ all times
Pin 87 jumps with pin 30 when relay activates transferring 12+ to pump
Pin 86 hot with key.
pin 85 ground by the PCM to turn the pump on and off.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:40 PM
askced

thanks for that color info. So I have power at the connector. I dropped the tank again and pulled the pump and set it under the van in a bucket. someone cranked the engine and I laid under the back and did hear the pump spinning. Now I am a bit confused where to go with that. What will allow the pump to work but stop the pressure from reaching the fuel rail where the pressure gauge is connected?

Old 06-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much gas is in the tank? If less than 5 gallons then there is not enough fuel to get the system restarted.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:50 PM
askced

I will slap my self several times if that is it. I only put 3 gallons back in the tank. thanks I'll put it back together and see how it goes with more gas,

Old Today, 08:22 PM
wdhaning

Originally Posted by Mobile Auto Repair
How much gas is in the tank? If less than 5 gallons then there is not enough fuel to get the system restarted.
Why??? is there a switch that shuts off the power or is it because the fuel is to low to pick it up via the pump??

I am asking because mine has loss all spark at the engine after I drained the fuel tank. don't know why yet.

Old Today, 09:29 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Low fuel will not cause a loss of spark.

Quick Reply: 1997 B2500 no fuel pressure. need wire diagram