4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC issues part two 2014 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Dragoneclipse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC issues part two 2014 Ram 1500

So I fixed one problem to reveal another in my ongoing Air conditioning issues. So at first I thought weak AC was attributed to what ended up being a bad relay for the high speed condenser fan. Fixed that and now the fan operates, I believe, as it should.

Now im still getting weak ac and now always just at city speeds but high way too. I’ve found if I start the truck with ac on I have to turn it off then back on to get ac to work. Also while i had the I terror blower fan on high today the pitch of the fan changed and all of a sudden warm air started blowing in. It took a while and lots of fiddling with the blower speed to get it to sound right again and feel like it was blowing hard. Then ac returned eventually.
Is this the blend door issue I have heard about?

Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 AM
Jalynsdad

I seem to be having a somewhat similar issue with my ac. I just bought my 2015 last month, and after about 3 weeks of driving it the ac just started blowing warm air out of nowhere. I was driving down the highway at the time, but when I stopped at the next town I pulled over and restarted the truck. It blew cold for about 5 miles and then was back to warm air for the rest of the day. It doesn't feel like the heater is kicking on, just seems to be pulling air from outside the truck. I had the truck in the dealer for a week only for them to tell me there was nothing wrong with it. The day after I got it back, I started the truck to go to work and no ac. After driving about 5 miles it started blowing cold again and worked all day until that night. It did the exact same thing again later that night. I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to try to get the issue resolved. If they get it figured out, I will let you know what they did to fix it. I'm thinking mine is either a problem with the electronic fan under the hood, the compressor, or the blend door. I'm leaning more toward a blend door issue as I have known a few people to have similar issues.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:58 AM
Dragoneclipse

Very similar, looking foreword to what they come up with. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2018, 12:07 AM
Jalynsdad

Well good news! (I Hope) I got my truck back today and so far the ac seems to be working. They said that the wiring harness that plugs into my compressor was cracked, causing it to not have good contact. They replaced the harness and so far all seems good. I am going to drive it around over the next few days and make sure that it continues to work. Hope this helps with your problem!

Old 07-21-2018, 10:40 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you for following up with what appears to be the fix!

-Rod

Old 07-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Dragoneclipse

I’ll give this a shot as well. I think I may buy a borescooe to check out the evaporator to see if it’s dirty

Quick Reply: AC issues part two 2014 Ram 1500