3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2010 Sealed Ball joints is there a cross from another truck that will fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 10:56 PM
Scooter2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Sealed Ball joints is there a cross from another truck that will fit

Hi Everyone

First Post... Scott's the name. Hi All.

I have a 2010 Dakota. 3.6 my baby. It seems the ball joints are sealed and just wondering If another ballpoint that has the grease nipple can be used as these are thin so putting a fitting on them is risky. Just like to get them to last more then 5 months.

My truck 😁

Old 11-18-2018, 07:54 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 336 Likes on 300 Posts

Go to Rock Auto and check to see if there are others that fit that have them. IIRC, Moog will.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:53 AM
RicOshea
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You can try a needle fitting on your grease gun to add some more grease but it is a little tricky, I've done this on other vehicles that didn't have a zerk fitting. I does work if the ball joint is still in good shape. Try if attempting, to get up under the rubber at either end then feel around past the ball joint and into the cavity not puncturing the rubber it'self. If you do have to puncture the rubber, do it against the metal part of the ball joint. Hope that's helpful. Moog carries the problem solver ball joints for upper / lower control arms, stab bar links and steering tie-rod ends. The cost is minimal but there is your labour / time and you either have to buy or rent a tool to press them out.

Grease Injector Needle Princess auto $3.99
BTW ... Welcome to the forums. nice clean truck you got there!

Old 11-18-2018, 10:53 PM
Scooter2014
Default Thanks

Thanks first replies... The stock ball joint is very thin plate on bottom dknt think it will take a fitting. Going to take to the shop and see if I can find one with grease nipple. It should be able to use another similar.

had just drove in rain so it was washed free lol.

I'll post soon as I find something that works 😁

Old 11-19-2018, 06:39 AM
Scooter2014

Originally Posted by Scooter2014
Thanks first replies... The stock ball joint is very thin plate on bottom dknt think it will take a fitting. Going to take to the shop and see if I can find one with grease nipple. It should be able to use another similar.

had just drove in rain so it was washed free lol.

I'll post soon as I find something that works 😁

oh my God rock auto is great found 2 there. Getting shipped. Off road ones look awesome Thanks guys

Quick Reply: 2010 Sealed Ball joints is there a cross from another truck that will fit