4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Suspension on 2017 Ram Longhorn not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:08 AM
mbretag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension on 2017 Ram Longhorn not working

Hi there, I got the message that my air suspension on my 2017 Laramie Longhorn has to be checked/repaired. I cannot raise or lower the truck anymore. However, the front axle has been lowered, My dealer cannot check it before Dec. 20 and I am wondering if I can still drive the truck or will I break something?

This is a Little tricky for me because I am in Germany and I need the truck to drive to work. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Martin.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:53 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Is there any chance you could talk the dealership in to at least scanning the air suspension system for diagnostic codes to determine if there is something you can check or if possibly clearing the codes would at least get it functional long enough to raise the front back up? They may charge you to run the diagnostics, but at least there's a reasonably good chance clearing the codes will make it somewhat function again. Also, if it points you in a direction and you determine there is a bad part you can get that part on order and hopefully have it available by the time the dealer is able to take a look at it.

My Autel MS906 scan tool is able to perform diagnostics on the air suspension of my 2014 Laramie Limited and the diagnostic scan doesn't take long. It would hardly even cut in to a hungry technician's lunch break....

-Rod

Old 12-12-2018, 08:39 AM
mbretag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
Is there any chance you could talk the dealership in to at least scanning the air suspension system for diagnostic codes to determine if there is something you can check or if possibly clearing the codes would at least get it functional long enough to raise the front back up? They may charge you to run the diagnostics, but at least there's a reasonably good chance clearing the codes will make it somewhat function again. Also, if it points you in a direction and you determine there is a bad part you can get that part on order and hopefully have it available by the time the dealer is able to take a look at it.

My Autel MS906 scan tool is able to perform diagnostics on the air suspension of my 2014 Laramie Limited and the diagnostic scan doesn't take long. It would hardly even cut in to a hungry technician's lunch break....

-Rod
Thanks Rod, I just called them, no Chance since two people have called in sick today. Will try again tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Air Suspension on 2017 Ram Longhorn not working