2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 Dodge Dakota Headlights don't work

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 07:29 PM
nevermind
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Dakota Headlights don't work

2002 Dodge Dakota (3.9L) truck. Headlights don't work (neither high beam, nor low beam). Interior dome light also does not come on.
No fuse (in the fuse box) is labelled for headlight.
Can anybody provide some help and guidance?

Old 10-29-2019, 01:42 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

all lamps are controlled by the CTM. Have to diagnose/replace that module and start there. Also also look at the lamp switch assembly itself - the scroll wheel controls interior lamps.

Old 07-10-2024, 11:17 PM
Ch4tterbox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed BTM and left headlight worked again but went back out

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota. My left headlight didn't work for 8 years. My brother in law connected my headlight to stereo wire and toggle switches. This year I hooked everything back up to my harness and my right headlight came back on using the headlight switch. Unfortunately, my left headlight didn't come back on. Today, I got my new BCM and had a little trouble getting the head connector out but I did. Connected the connectors back into there slots and bolted it back on to the side wall where my left foot chills, put my negative terminal back to my battery. Cranked my truck and my headlight was working again. Was back to leave, and I closed the hood and shut my door and the right headlight went back out. My dim and bright still work on my right side ( brights didn't work until I hooked my new BCM up). My left headlights doesn't work at all. What all should I check next to get this headlight working again? I was so happy it finally turned on, then got disappointed because it went back off.

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Dakota Headlights don't work