Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 Stratus HVAC Climate Control Recalibration Recalibrate Blend Door Mode Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 08:19 PM
boiboi365
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 Stratus HVAC Climate Control Recalibration Recalibrate Blend Door Mode Actuator

Hello,

This has been posted in the forum before but I had trouble finding it this time around. Thought I would repost with various keywords in the title to make it easier to find.

PROBLEM1: Air/vent position randomly changes or doesnt change at all. Blows from windshield defogger vent or to feet etc.
PROBLEM2: Air randomly stops blowing cold OR heat randomly stops blowing hot. This happened to me regardless of driving condition, gear, etc...totally random even after doing a thorough and complete coolant drain/flush/air purge.

SOLUTION: Recalibrate the HVAC climate control blend door mode door actuators.

NOTES:
- I tried this without pulling the fuse and it didnt work
-Car was completely cold overnight

1. Pull the fuse (left side of driverside dash. open door to see it). Its the fuse with the black connector making it easier to pull.
2. Push fuse back in (for me I only waited maybe 30 seconds)
3. Move vent power to number '2'
4. Move temp mixture to far left (coldest)
5. Move vent position to far right (defogger)
6. Start car
7. Press and hold rear defroster button for a few seconds (circle to right of vent position ****)
8. You should hear chime and see AC00 show on dash
9. Underneath the dash near the floorboards for the blend/mode doors moving
10. Wait until AC00 goes away
11. Get mad if this still doesnt fix it (such is car repair!)

Defrost Defroster Defog Defogger EBL AC00 actuator mode door blend door HVAC climate control climate controls heat heater heating AC A/C air cold colder blowing blower fuse fuses reset recalibrate recalibration

The following users liked this post:
MONKEY_BRAIN (Yesterday)
Old 12-31-2020, 10:22 AM
UnrecognizedObscurity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Last edited by UnrecognizedObscurity; 12-31-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread...
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
MONKEY_BRAIN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, thanks so much for your post! It seemed to work for a bit when I tried it, but then it started switching vents again. My question is, in the step to "start car", do I need to just turn it on to the battery or turn the engine on?
thank you so much.

Quick Reply: 2001 Stratus HVAC Climate Control Recalibration Recalibrate Blend Door Mode Actuator