Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

No Code P0340

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022 | 05:17 PM
Flannesen
|
Default No Code P0340

After five days committing to the car, Dodge Neon 2002, I purchased the code sensors: camshaft sensor and crankshaft position sensor. The camshaft is a flat plastic plate to which needs some type of other active part. The crankshaft uninstall was corroded with hard flaked black oil, meaning electrical pulses were degrading the voltage. Anyhow the three ignitions on/off; click three times kept showing P0340 on instrument panel. What is the main cause I asked, sensors, gas, or electricity? Finally, after searching other internet articles, a site said the voltage needs to be peak for the starter to ignite. I looked at the starter part and followed a flat six row metal braid to the batteries tray. The local mechanic said that's a ground strap. I thought heavily about electricity at that moment. There must be more ground straps on the engine. I used more visual sight and found three more. They were all fine, yet the ground straps are all secured with a screw into the car's metal body/framework. I opened the hoods fuse box, unscrewed the red power screws and disconnected the black negative cable. I saw a second black 10g black cable bending hard to the fender, under the fuse box and again screw mounted to painted body/framework. Freeing the 10g black cable from around the fuse box; a three-inch scrape of plastic exposing bright copper. I go to the local mechanic store and buy a $10. spool of black copper wire specifically for car batteries. I kept the old terminal mounts and used a screwdriver and mallet to clean the terminal. After securing the negative battery cable and binding plastic zip ties, I checked the codes in the car. The P0340 was gone and after two checks from the ignition. The new code is P1684, a battery disconnected module.

five day 3 hours each day troubleshooting to find, fix, and repair a stalling car, which had to get to home from no power to module.

Old 05-13-2022 | 04:04 PM
Flannesen
|

Returning under the PCM area, a thick cabling is happening. There are several torn cables from main fuse box. The battery module (fuse box) has several wires streaming toward the car's chassis and under the radiator. My repair in the past two years kept the car's electrical power, but to me it has lost some voltage to sensors. I repaired four wires with a higher gauge. I do not know the proper gauge wires that are spiced with a higher gauge of 16 or 18 or 20; I am not sure of the gauge I need.
What are the wire gauges for the wires going under radiator from batteries fuse box under hood? This is a Dodge Neon 2002.
Because the wire stripping goes from thick wire to lesser wire the p0340 and p1684 errors repeat; and try to start car but alternator is not keeping charge. Crankshaft is not sensing the correct voltage.

Quick Reply: No Code P0340