4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2017 Ram 1500 Limp Mode and More

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 06:11 PM
clauderman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2017 Ram 1500 Limp Mode and More

Where do I start... for over a year now, my 2017 Ram 3.6 1500 has been acting a fool. Here are some of the problems:
1) Truck goes into limp mode when driving up and type of hill around 65-70 mph if I keep my foot on the throttle or anytime I'm driving and the RPMs get anywhere above 2k on a hill and the transmission down shifts itself. It does not do it when i let off the throttle and it down shifts that way. When limp mode happens, I just turn off my truck and restart it and its fixed.
2) Randomly my auto windows shut off and it is just manual.
3) My radio clock randomly changes time to noon or roughly 4 hours earlier when its warm or when my radio screen takes a few extra seconds to turn on.
4) When I have my heat or AC on, the fan that blows the air cuts on and off on the passenger side.
5) I have been through 3 batteries now.
6) Remote start will kick on and then off about 10 seconds later.
7) My wipers sometimes get random rhythms.

The codes I have right now are:
P0369
P018C
P1DD2
C121C-00

I am not a car guy but i guess the electrical issues are from a control module? Lol if anything, I just want my remote start back, its cold out.

Any help would be huge and thank you in advance.

Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
JAhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem in my 2017 dodge ram 3.6

Originally Posted by clauderman
Where do I start... for over a year now, my 2017 Ram 3.6 1500 has been acting a fool. Here are some of the problems:
1) Truck goes into limp mode when driving up and type of hill around 65-70 mph if I keep my foot on the throttle or anytime I'm driving and the RPMs get anywhere above 2k on a hill and the transmission down shifts itself. It does not do it when i let off the throttle and it down shifts that way. When limp mode happens, I just turn off my truck and restart it and its fixed.
2) Randomly my auto windows shut off and it is just manual.
3) My radio clock randomly changes time to noon or roughly 4 hours earlier when its warm or when my radio screen takes a few extra seconds to turn on.
4) When I have my heat or AC on, the fan that blows the air cuts on and off on the passenger side.
5) I have been through 3 batteries now.
6) Remote start will kick on and then off about 10 seconds later.
7) My wipers sometimes get random rhythms.

The codes I have right now are:
P0369
P018C
P1DD2
C121C-00

I am not a car guy but i guess the electrical issues are from a control module? Lol if anything, I just want my remote start back, its cold out.

Any help would be huge and thank you in advance.
hi I know this is a long shot but I have the same issue with my truck did you resolved the problem

Quick Reply: 2017 Ram 1500 Limp Mode and More