Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Removing the dipstick tube from 2004 Dodge Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 03:08 AM
patsmemaid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the dipstick tube from 2004 Dodge Caravan

Hi, a few days ago I went to check the oil and when I pulled on the dipstick it broke right off at the yellow ring. I have been trying for 2 days now to try to remove the dipstick. I've watched Youtube videos and drilled a hole in the yellow plastic and used the screw method. Broke three screws in half trying to remove the dipstick. I've heated up the tube. I added DW40 oil and that thing is really stuck in there because it just won't budge. My last resort is to remove the tube itself and get the dipstick out that way. My question is: Can I remove the tube without having to raise the van and get underneath it. (I am a small female and don't feel comfortable getting under the van). I can

Dodge Caravan 2004 - Highlighted areas in question?
see the one big bolt that has to be removed but I can't see much further than that. Once I unscrew that bolt and pull the tube out is it easy to put back in again. Thank you

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Removing the dipstick tube from 2004 Dodge Caravan