Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Variable restrictor 4677378AB cracked an leaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 02:57 PM
riverjamie
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Variable restrictor 4677378AB cracked an leaking

I replaced this PLASTIC variable restrictor 4677378AB for the heater system I believe, in 2021 now it appears to be leaking again. Not sure why this is happening? I heard somewhere that some people have replaced it with a piece of tubing? If so could you please reply with how it has worked out. Any problems? Last what size OD tubing metal or plastic, part number. Any links?
Thank you in advance.

Restrictor after hose with bend. Plastic 1.5 inches long. 4677378AB.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:33 AM
riverjamie
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riverjamie
I replaced this PLASTIC variable restrictor 4677378AB for the heater system I believe, in 2021 now it appears to be leaking again. Not sure why this is happening? I heard somewhere that some people have replaced it with a piece of tubing? If so could you please reply with how it has worked out. Any problems? Last what size OD tubing metal or plastic, part number. Any links?
Thank you in advance.

Restrictor after hose with bend. Plastic 1.5 inches long. 4677378AB.
I got a better look at the restrictor after removing the wiper assembly. Turns out the restrictor isn’t cracked. But the plastic piece of the tubing ends were elongated do to the pressure of the clamps. So I removed the restrictor. I installed a brass 5/8 hose connector instead. So far, but only one day no problems or leaks.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Variable restrictor 4677378AB cracked an leaking