Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

HELP! 2013 Journey Parasitic Draw (or car it is just possessed)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 12:46 PM
Thomas020476
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 2013 Journey Parasitic Draw (or car it is just possessed)

04-08-2024 I have a 2013 Journey SXT with 140,000 miles. We have owned since new and it's been well maintained. It's been a daily driver for my daughter the last couple years. All was good till I had to replace the battery sometime between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Also replaced the battery current sensor when I did the battery cause I accidently broke it. Car has run fine till last week when it died. Ended up being the alternator this time. I did have it tested before replacing it. Now I have done all work myself and I know all my connections are clean and good. Now the car runs but battery drains overnight. I was doing a drain test and when I pull the 25 amp ABS Valves fuse, the drain goes way down. So now I am not sure where to go. Has anyone had this as an issue and what did you find was the problem? I have seen a few things online but nothing super helpful. Now I am not an Auto mechanic but I am very mechanical. Just a little stuck at the moment. 04-22-1024 So it's not the battery. I decided to removed the HVAC/CCN fuse inside the car, I also unplugged the blend door actuator. We have had that click click click thing with the blend door actuator for years, but thought maybe... I also had a thought of my own about the battery current/temperature sensor. I ordered one on Amazon and put it on yesterday. I don't know if after the alternator burned up, maybe it affected the sensor somehow and it would allow the battery to drain... IDK... Anyway it's not been over 24 hours and The battery still has a full charge. I have a feeling it was just the current sensor on the battery. I may put the HVAC/CCN fuse back in to be sure and I am definitely leaving that blend door actuator unplugged. But as of now I am calling this one done.... thanks for all the advise and help. 04-21-2024 Update.... its been 2 weeks and all has been good until this morning. Daughter went out to start car and it's 100% dead again!.... back to the drawing board. 04-29-2024 New update. Haven't had time to really work on it. But I had to move car this afternoon so ofcourse I had to jump start it. Now here is the weird thing. I went out for ice cream with my wife late this evening and it was dark when we got home. I noticed the instrument cluster in the journey was lite up... after watching it though the windows the cluster would come on for about 30 seconds or so then go off. When they go off the small screen where the speed is usually displayed stayed on without anything displayed. It would be off like that for about 20 seconds or so then the instrument cluster would light up again.... it just kept doing this over and over.... nothing else in the car was lite up.... 04-30-2024 This Morning as I was leaving the house her car is making a loud knocking/clicking noise under the hood. Didn't have time to look but I know car was dead enough that the doors would not unlock. I will have to look at it later. (It's not the blend door because I have it unplugged)

Quick Reply: HELP! 2013 Journey Parasitic Draw (or car it is just possessed)