2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 dodge ram motor swap no dash power or starter power from igniton

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 04:05 PM
ThatRedRam
Professional
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 1995 dodge ram motor swap no dash power or starter power from igniton

This could be related to my other thread i posted with my starter not engaging with the igniton switch. The truck is swapped. I no longer have the engine harness. Just the dash harness and fuse box harness and headlights. My radio 12v wire has no power. But my ignition red wire to the radio does have power. Radio doesnt turn on. Dash lights do not turn on. My rear running red lights are stuck on as well. Any help especially for the radio would be appreciated.

Old 05-09-2024, 06:42 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 357 Likes on 336 Posts

The other thread said something about the neutral safety switch not being there would be one cause. Is the starter relay engaging. You should start with checking power at the ignition switch then check the items it powers to see where the problem is.

Quick Reply: 1995 dodge ram motor swap no dash power or starter power from igniton