Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2019 Grand Caravan loss of power and slight vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 09:21 PM
DGCcpd67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Grand Caravan loss of power and slight vibration problem

Hello all,
I have 2019 Grand Caravan with 71k miles. I drove it 145 miles to pick up my kid and it drove fine. On the way back, as soon as I got onto the highway (above 40mph), it started acting up. It felt like it had a loss of power and rode with a slight shimmy/vibration all the way home. The engine check light stayed off. I used my OBD scanner for the first time and spent a long time figuring out how to use it (Youtube). I scanned the van on three separate days. Each time, the van passed all the tests when cold and I would drove it for 15-20 minutes each time and each time came up with the following info (no error codes from scanner):
  • Gas cap appears in good shape-turned 3-4 turns
  • Diagnostic Menu > Purge Flow Monitor-all passed
  • Diagnostic Menu > Mode 6 > 02S B1B2 > TID:$81 fail
  • Diagnostic Menu > Mode 6 > 02S B2B2 > TID:$81 fail
  • Diagnostic Menu > Fuelsys B1 > TID:$90 > fail
  • Diagnostic Menu > Fuelsys B2 > TID:$90 > fail
Everything else passed.
I want to avoid throwing parts in the van. I can go to a repair shop I go to normally or to Dodge/Chrysler--which can be expensive. I know the above problems can be a leak, oxygen sensor, etc. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2019 Grand Caravan loss of power and slight vibration problem