Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger exterior bulb 2022

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 11:32 AM
Tate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger exterior bulb 2022

Hello Dodge Fellows,

I own a 2022 Dodge Charger R/T and need to replace a headlight bulb, but I'm not sure which one requires replacement. Could it be the Low/High Beam Headlamp (Standard Halogen Bi-Function Projector) or the D3S?

Your help would be greatly appreciated so I can determine the correct bulb to purchase. also, if there's a similar alternative that provides the same color level and won't damage the electrical pigtail, that information would also be helpful.

Thank you!

Old 07-06-2024, 11:22 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

With the projectors it's a bit difficult to determine from looking at the outside if they are HID or halogen. If they are HID though, there will be a little "gate" that mechanically moves for the high beam, so you could have someone listen for the sound while toggling the high beams. If there's no sounds/movement, then they are the standard 9005. You could also pull the dust cap from behind one of the bulbs to see if there's a 3-wire electrical plug connected directly to the battery, or if there's a metallic box (ignitor) on the back of the bulb. If there's an ignitor, they are HID. And finally, if you happen to have the window sticker or equipment list for your car, you could check that to see if it list "BI-FUNCTION HID PROJECTOR H/LAMPS" on the window sticker.

-Rod

The following users liked this post:
Tate (07-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Charger exterior bulb 2022