New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello from Southwestern New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Phred62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Southwestern New Mexico

Hi all, '93 Dakota owner here. This is my second Dakota, bought it used about three months ago. I was shopping Craigslist for a used truck and this 93 caught my eye and reminded me of the '89 Dakota Sport I bought new back in my Navy days. An odd turn of events brought me to this forum and reinforced my memories of my old Sport. Last week I got in the truck, pulled the door closed and got covered in a shower of bits of safety glass... the drivers window had a RUD (Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly) for no obvious reason. I have owned many vehicles in my life, way back in High School I would often have two or three at a time in some state of repair, I only have had one time prior to this where I had a window break, on my 89 Dakota! Well, I thought whats the odds of both Dakotas in my life blow up the driver window? Is this a thing? Are Dakotas frequently shattering windows? I don't recall seeing a lot of them with plastic over an empty hole... So, with Google as my friend, I opened a internet rabbit hole and dove in searching for answers. First thing I learned is that looking for door glass will be a frustration of misleading clicks on sites only selling "glass channels" or looking at glass for a different generation of Dakota despite having 1993 in the search terms. I finally today just called a wrecking yard over in Arizona hoping for some left side glass to go with the right side that was listed on the internet. Thank you ABC Auto Wrecking in Tucson for finding my window here in New Mexico in less than two minutes. I am hoping to get my glass delivered Friday. So, my big question is... lets have a show of hands... Who has had a broken drivers side window? Or two...

I am a member of Forums for electric bicycles and model trains and have enjoyed the helpful friendly nature of fellow souls sharing an interest so I am looking forward to getting to know this community. Here's to a bright future of getting help or helping others as we enjoy our beloved Dakota's, with or without windows!
Steve and Mr. Phred the cat

Quick Reply: Hello from Southwestern New Mexico