2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash cluster light sockets

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
eastonmartin35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash cluster light sockets

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500. I hate the green cluster lights and previously bought purple ones off Amazon. The sockets are way too small. Was wondering if anyone had put in purple led and where to buy ones with twist sockets that actually fit. Also if anyone has replaced the temperature control and light/dome lights? I took apart the temp control to replace the lights and it looked too complicated and put it back together lol

Old Today, 01:08 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 333 Likes on 315 Posts

All of the bulbs numbers for your truck are listed in the following link in the FAQ section of the site:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...bulb-list.html

The instrument cluster bulbs look to be #158. You should be able to find purple LED replacement bulbs on eBay. You should be able to reuse the existing holders by removing/pulling out the old #158 bulbs and inserting the new LED bulbs in their place.

There are several YouTube videos that show how to change the bulbs on Dodge Ram 2nd gen trucks - listed below is an example:

Quick Reply: Dash cluster light sockets