3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 1500 rpm drops when I turn steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2024, 08:40 AM
apjcustoms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 1500 rpm drops when I turn steering wheel

so my 03 with a 4.7 has been having some issues 1 was a bad Evap driver so I replaced pcm but new pcm did not have skim disabled so truck drives normally but will cut out intermittently I'm in process of purchasing another but I also noticed when I cut the wheel at idle rpms drop but power steering doesn't feel bad at all . truck does feel likes its lacking HP but its been that way since I got it . any input pr ideas would be greatly appreciated !

Old 09-05-2024, 08:58 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

As long as the the engine isn't stalling out, a couple hundred rpm fluctuation isn't abnormal on the steering. Thats alot of load on the engine, especially if you hit the stop on the gear box.

Old Today, 09:52 AM
apjcustoms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your reply !
now I have a tq shutter issue and I'm starting to assume that's part of the problem . I can't afford to bring it to a shop and will have to attempt on my own . this truck has been a nightmare since day 1 but can't afford to get out of it especially now and it really kills me because I love the truck !

Quick Reply: 4.7 1500 rpm drops when I turn steering wheel