3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Transmission Codes

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:57 AM
mrtweaver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Transmission Codes

Ok so my original transmission had gone bad or at least that is what they told me at the dealership, a guy i knew sold me a replacement transmission, took a bit of back yard mechanic time but got it installed. Now if i understand things with the 2006 Dodge Dakota it is in Limp Mode, it has the CEL light on and when i read the codes i get P0700 Transmission Control System MIL Req, P0750 LR Solonoid and P2706 MS Solonoid, not sure what the MS solonoid is but i know the LR is the Low Rev.

Anyway like i said i think the truck is in Limp mode because it only goes to about 65mph and that is 2500 rpm

I looked up the codes and what others have done for repairs, and all of them that i found on youtube have said its the solonoid pack on the transmission, which is possible because i know that the guy who helped me install the transmission said the fluid that was in that transmission had water mixed in with it or at least that is what he felt was in it.

So here is my list of questions for the gurus of this community:

Would you agree that the truck is in limp mode?

Would you agree that the valve body thing on the transmission needs to be replaced?

And now for the big question, right now the plug is a white plug that is on the transmission control but i have access to a black one, i have included the black one to show you what i want to change, the question is if i change it as one unit as shown do i still need to change some kind of detent thing or is that only when you seperate the valve body from the electronics?

Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: Transmission Codes