2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Axel swap need help

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:46 PM
Andrea1110
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Axel swap need help

So, I have a 99 dodge 1500 4x4 that came with a lift along with all the brackets for extended control arms, track bar, ext. And I have a 97 dodge 1500 4x4 that I wanted the 3in lift on. So instead of doing it piece by piece, I did an entire axel swap attached to all components. Well that was all good until I realized that the left tierod that attaches to the right tierod hits the mount for the sway bar links and doesn't clear it as I'm turning. Do they make tierods specific to certain lifts or am I just SOL and need to change axel back? Or what are my options. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Old Today, 05:05 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm not sure I follow you 100%, I know the 3/4 ton dana 60 axle went under several design changes between 98 and 2001 that affected wheel bearings, ball joints, brakes ect. Its possibly the dana 44 in the 1500s went through similar changes.

If you know the brand/model of lift you could look up year fitment changes that effected the lift model used, You could probably look up any random 3" lift and see if they offer year fitment changes.

Quick Reply: Axel swap need help