Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Instrument cluster lights question. Fuse box diagram?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:28 AM
97St.Wagon3500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument cluster lights question. Fuse box diagram?

1997 dodge van b3500
There is one singular light on my instrument cluster that works then doesn't work. Nothing dangerous just really annoying. Sorry for the long write up but I think it's important to mention. When I got the van all lights worked good. One day the middle (instrument cluster) light stopped working along with 1&2 radio station program button lights. 345&6 are lit. 2 years later I find out that my auto-lock/unlock switch on my driverside door has broken wiring behind the door, grounding to the metal part of the door. I repair the exposed wire area and suddenly all of the instrument cluster lights worked and I was amazed. Haven't seen it that bright in years. Then randomly, one day, the same problem re occurs. Middle light out as well as radio 1&2. My first thought was the lock unlock wiring I just repaired. Still good no grounding wires. I wonder if there is another wire somewhere causing this. Or if the wiring behind cluster is loose or short. Any thoughts? Diagnosing procedure? Also having trouble finding this fuse box diagram. 97 dodge b3500 van. I am having trouble understanding the wiring diagram in my Haynes manual. Not sure how to interpret all of the fancy lingo wrote all over.

Also worth mentioning that this shorted wire behind the lock unlock switch on my door was draining my battery overnight. And causing the key fob not to lock unlock. The lock unlock switch and fob both are working great smooth and responsive. Just got a new battery today And the middle cluster light & radio 1&2 still NOT lit.

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster lights question. Fuse box diagram?