South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

VA state inspections

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:06 PM
hokiefan104
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA state inspections

so yeah i went to get my state inspection today and yeah i failed. i went to dodge (i knew that was going to be a mistake) because the car is still under warranty and anything the could find they would have to fix for free or so I thought. They told me the whole clear brake light assembly is illegal, my blue side marker bulbs (that shine white) are illegal, my semi-blue turn signal bulbs (that shine amber) are illegal, and the tiny little mopar decal i have on my front window is illegal (the decal isnt even visible from inside the car). Luckily since my inspection isnt due till next month (did it a month early beacuse theres isnt a dodge dealership close to where i go to college) they let me walk out with a rejection sticker. so screw dodge. i need some help though. anybody here live in the southwest virginia area know a place that will just slap a new sticker on my car and let me be on my way? i rather not go through the trouble of hooking all the stock stuff back up just to pass inspection.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:15 AM
914dakota
Professional
Default RE: VA state inspections

The sticker on the windshield is illegal in VA. The light bulbs are questionable. If the bulbs and lens have DOT approval on them then they cant fail them as long they shine the proper color. Unless the laws have changed since I worked at a dealership that did inspections.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
hokiefan104
Record Breaker

is there any chance i could find a place that would pass me or will the all reject me because of the sticker and bulbs?

Old 08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
MGDMike
Champion

When I was stationed in Norfolk, VA I went to this place up in Newport News. Its been about 4 years since then so I don't remember the name, I think it was off of J. Clyde Blvd thought. But I remember they were a little more "relaxed" good luck though.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:23 AM
hokiefan104
Record Breaker

yeah i have been talking to some of my friend that actually live back where i go to college, they know of a couple of places that are relaxed on state inspections. so i am thinking of just waiting untill i get back to school next week and see if i can get one of them to pass me.

Quick Reply: VA state inspections