Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

08 MegaCab Wobbly & Bouncy in Curves

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
NewDodgeOwner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 MegaCab Wobbly & Bouncy in Curves

Why would an 08 MegaCab 2500 4x4 be so bouncy or wobbly in curves? I test drove this over the weekend. It has the stock 17 inch wheels but tires were changed to Nitto Terra Grappler ATs 325/70/15s. Is the tire size the problem? Should I go with a bigger wheel and lower profile tire combination to reduce bounce and "shifty-ness" in curves? Or would a sway bar help? It just seems like in the curves that the weight of the truck actually causes the wheels to shift within the tire itself. It almost seems like there are a few inches of "play" in this sense, and it gives you a little bit of an "out of control" feeling, like you could actually pop the rim out of the tire. This is probably not the case but it is the only way I know to describe the feel. Does that make sense? Please help me so I don't buy a truck I won't be happy with...

Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Tractor
Professional
Default RE: 08 MegaCab Wobbly & Bouncy in Curves

If it is not yours and it is not new- I would say it may have been in an accident. I have seen vehicles with less than 50 miles on them totaled on their way home & if the dealer does the work ther will be no record on carfax. Check the tire pressure and make sure they are the proper load range- at least a D or E.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:45 PM
sanddragonslayer
Rookie

Tractor, you have a very good point, I would definatly check the load rating. However Newdodgeowner, your kinda confusing me. Does the truck have stock 17's, or does it have 325/70/15's. I have 37x12.50x17's on stock wheels. it should already have sway bar on it. Mine does. Speaking from experiance, I have had 44's on 15 inch wheels and it can be pretty scary if your not used to the size, and how it affects the handleing.

Also beware of the air pressure. hth dan

Old 03-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Tractor
Professional

ANY UPDATES ??????????????????????????

Quick Reply: 08 MegaCab Wobbly & Bouncy in Curves