Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

1973 Dodge W300 (1-Ton) 4x4 Pickup: Drivetrain/Driveline & Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:41 PM
kc8mln
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973 Dodge W300 (1-Ton) 4x4 Pickup: Drivetrain/Driveline & Suspension

Hello, I am searching for info to repair and maintenance a 1973 Dodge W300 (1-Ton) pickup with 4x4 (manual front locking hubs)with 4 Speed Manual transmissionand a 5.9L 360 Gas V8. Specifically, I need assistance with the front driveline at the wheels. The truck is older than I am, and I havent been able to locate any service manuals for this truck series (W100,W200,W300 or the D100,D200,D300) at the library or my dealership service and parts. I have never seen this type of front wheel joint setup and need to do a scheduled maintenance on the whole truck and am stumped at this point with the front wheel joints. I have asked around at other local repair shops and none of the techs there have any idea either. So if anyone is familiar with this type of setup, please let me know. I am going to do a total overhaul on the whole truck and restore it back to safety operational standards to be safe to drive on the road. My guess that the truck hasn't seen any regular maintenance other than oil changes in the last 20 years, so the truck is due for a major mechanical overhaul. Any info anyone can give me with this truck would be appreciated, especially with the current topic at hand of the front outter wheel joints. Are any service manuals available anywhere? Also, the front is DRUM brakes and again, it is a 1-Ton with 4x4 manual front locking hubs. Thanks! ~ DodgeTowGuy

Quick Reply: 1973 Dodge W300 (1-Ton) 4x4 Pickup: Drivetrain/Driveline & Suspension