Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

top gun customz leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008 | 06:30 PM
mezcalguy
Default top gun customz leveling kit

I bought a 2" leveling kit for my 2006 dodge megacab i want to install the kit myself but i cant since i lost the instructions on how to do it. If anyone has the instructions can you email them to me or post them, i would appreciate alot.

Old 03-29-2008 | 07:06 PM
shawnsack
Rookie
Default RE: top gun customz leveling kit

oh its real easy...
1. unbolt the top of the shock...
2. then take out the 3 bolts on the shock tower and pull that whole piece off the top...
3. then unbolt the shock at the bottom and take it out...
4. then the instructions say to unbolt the track bar and sway bar links but i got away without doing it...
5. then jack up the truck as high as you can and support the frame with jack stands then let the axle back down (btw take the tires off so it can drop enough)
6. pull the spring out put the spacer on top and put back in and make sure u line the studs up with the holes in the spring bucket on top (i had to compress my springs but i believe thats because i left the track bar and sway bar hooked up but keep that in mind)
7. then finger tighten the nuts on the spacer to hold it in place and jack the axle back up to compress the springs... 8. then take the nuts back off drop your shock back in... you can use the stock shock but its recomended to go with a 2" lift shock (i used stock)...
9. bolt in the bottom of the shock put the tower back on top of the shock bolt the tower down and bolt the shock back up on top...
10. if you undid your track bar or you sway bar make sure you hook all that back up...
11. then go over everything again make sure everythings hooked up make sure all your brake lines are ok which they should be but just check...
12. then put your tires back on set on the ground and drive it straight to an alignment shop...

Old 04-10-2008 | 11:59 PM
mcsd913
Professional

I put my 3' rough country lift on last night and only took the sway bar loose. Also you'll need a coil compressor to take on the spring. Be careful though the coil spring can and will kill you if not done right.

Old 05-08-2008 | 11:52 PM
justntexas07
Veteran

I installed my topguncustomz leveling kit and had the same problem. Cal the manufacture and they will email you the installation instructions. I did not need a coil compressor to do the leveling kit.

Quick Reply: top gun customz leveling kit