Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

2001 dakota solid axel

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:57 AM
ct4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 dakota solid axel

I am planning on doing a solid axel swap in my 2001 dakota 4x4. Does anyone know how hard this would be and how much money it would cost? and also what axel should i get?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:05 PM
TXST8tj
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 dakota solid axel

all depends on how you setup the suspension. a simple leaf spring setup would not be too difficult. doing coils or coilovers will require more fab work with a 4 link or similar to locate the axle. if you can do the work yourself, it might be a practical project to do. if not, you're lookin at quite a bit of cash to pay someone to do it.

as far as the axle, it depends on what you want to do in the end....how big are you going tire wise? what kind of offroading are you planning on doing? for a rig the size of the dakota, i would start no smaller than a d44. look to an old fullsize jeep wagoneer for a set of fullsize d44s front and rear. that would be suitable for up to a 35" tire without having to worry too much about breakage.

Quick Reply: 2001 dakota solid axel