Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Lifting Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 AM
DodgeRAmPower
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting Questions.

I've decided i want a 3 to 5.5" lift from Skyjacker, i'm still looking around the net for the best prices, i want to know the ride quality between a 3" lift and a 5" lift? also i have a flowmaster exhaust system, which has been customized, and welded into place...what is involved with a suspension lift? should i also combine a Body lift with it? i'm not sure...please give me your input guys

Thank you!
DodgeRAmPower

Old 03-25-2007, 02:39 PM
bonomo
Default RE: Lifting Questions.

I cant get the shackel bolts off the rear springs of my 89 r/c are welded in place or just rusted in place? I tried to beat them out with no luck. Am I better off cutting them out and getting new bolts? I am in the process of lifting the truck.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:53 PM
jbess07

I just recently bought a 07 dodge ram 1500 4x4 laramie and want to by a lift kit, but because I bought a laramie people are telling me i can't lift do to some esp ( electronic skid protection) if anyone knows what i can do i would appreciate it!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:55 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran

DodgeRamPower you can add a body lift to any suspension lift. every suspension kit is different never lifted a dodge i've lifted full silverado's and S10's and explorer's and rangers. wich are different and more complicated than soild axel front ends and the independent front ends (Chevy's) tend to sag over the years. the lift shouldn't mess with your exhaust or anything.. and the lift wiil probably use blocks in the rear. skyjacker lifts are pretty good. a body lift just lifts the body off the frame to allow bigger tires, the suspension lift is better for actual off roading. instead a full 6in lift you can mix and match and do a 3.5 in suspension and a 2in body lift i did that on a 91 chevy 4x4 extended cab and put 35's on it and could have probably fit 37's. good luck

Old 09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
manogmin
Professional

efore you decide on skyjacker, check out rough country, they are good, limited lifetime warranty, and less expensive than others.

Quick Reply: Lifting Questions.