Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

WElcome F&B Performance!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WElcome F&B Performance!!

Welcome to DF!! Thanks for supporting the site we all love so much!

Everyone, check out there site here.

~Amanda

Old 05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
BKB@FNB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WElcome F&B Performance!!

Thanks for having me! Hope people come around to the forum to talk!
I guess Ill kick this forum off with the announcement of our new 440 6 pack MPI intake system! Weve been testing it on our high compression 440 with great results. The conversion was done with the BigStuff 3 hardware and software, which made it really easy! We havnt made it to the dyno yet (collapsed my rear spring on the first outing...) but as soon as we do Ill post some numbers. Our test car is a 4400 lb Jensen Interceptor. With a BG 850 and Edelbrock Perf. RPM manifold it ran a best of 13.2 @ 107mph (rear spring issues there too...) I think it will do better with the 6pack! Lots to talk about re: MPI conversions, so lets talk!
F&B will be introducing the 6 pack MPI for the Magnum motors this summer as well. Something a little different for under the hood!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16590/4E4F9B1ECEC249D7B416D14D41B97931.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Welcome F&B Performance!!

Looks great and sounds awesome!!

Yes... listen to the man people... MPI CONVERSIONS... TALK TALK TALK!! LOL!

~Amanda

Old 06-03-2005, 11:13 PM
henry75
Veteran

i have a 2000 Durango Rt 5.9 WIth a Powrdyne Supercharger. What improvements would i see by installing the The F&B 52mm throttle body. Right now i Avg bout 10.4 MPG in Stop and go. Would i see inproved or worse and what HP gains do i stand to gain. AND how much is it? Would i have to modify my airhat?

[IMG]local://upfiles/14751/0D5ABC1340FF445CB3C8FAA4BBB5EA62.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2005, 01:38 AM
BKB@FNB

Powerdyne Supercharger applications can see quite a bit of improvement with a high flow throttlebody provided the system tune is good and you can adjust it a bit. Higher flow capacity throttle bodies reduce the back pressure on the supercharger, increasing the efficiency. They also reduce the manifold vacuum earlier in the throttle "swing" (lower TPS value), which increases the enrichment rate if all things are in tune... downside: A high flow TB can change the point in the TPS swing where the Map sensor "tops out". In a Powerdyne set-up (box stock?) you do not have a two bar map, so the factory MAP sensor only reads vacuum. This can lead to bucking or surge during the mid throttle transistion. A bit more (or less in some cases) fuel usually compensates until you get into open loop control. F&B Throttle bodies are designed for supercharged trucks. To improve air hat seal and reduce leakage, we machine in a full perimeter seal ring with our "wave" seal surface to help gently bite into the gasket face to avoid squirm. (dang, I sound like a TV ad...) We also include our billet seal nut to seal around the air hat hold down bolt. We also offer our RZ mount that eliminates the wimpy bent all thread most kits seem to end up with To take advantage of this, you need to remove the plastic protrusions in your stock air hat "outlet" that keep it from being a full 5" circular hole. A dremel tool or jig saw works great. Its worth it since a better seal usually gives more boost! With properly tuned Powerdyne systems weve seen up to 25HP (stock intake manifold) stepping up from an F&B 2x50mm to an F&B 2x52mm TB. It does depend on your current build (exhaust, motor condition etc. etc.) and your current system's "tuneability". Mileage also depends on this as well! If the moons are aligned properly and your running too rich now, a larger TB "may" help your mileage...My foot is always too heavy to tell... Weve found good HP and torque gains when running our 2x55 and 2x58mm TBs on the bigger centrifugal systems, even in un-stroked applications! The stock intake manifold becomes the restriction pretty quickly at higher boost and volumetric efficency levels! The list price is $475.00 +9.00 shipping (money back guarantee!) but you can usually find em cheaper at my distributors or by calling us directly... kinda long winded...
Bruce

[IMG]local://upfiles/16590/3419FAE096994137973512BD423B1225.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-23-2005, 05:01 PM
henry75
Veteran

ok ok you gave me more info than i would ever thought i needed to know... it looks like i might have to upgrade soon. ibut there are some other things to tackle at the same time i do this. thanks and i will be in touch soon!! Do you have any shops in the Northern Virginia area...DC area that carry and install your goods? You described the problem i am currently having about the surging at mid RPMs. I am new to this Supercharger and the vehicle was this way when i bought it. Thank you for the post and all your info...it will be most helpful.

Quick Reply: WElcome F&B Performance!!