Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

dgmotorsports group buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
grinner
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dgmotorsports group buy

I spoke with a nice fellow named Jason today at dgmotorsports.com about their front spoiler. Here it is:

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/details...&ProcessType=1

He explained the high quality and durability to me and I was sold. It's gonna cover the crack in my front fascia nicely and I was wanting a front spoiler anyway. I asked him if he'd be interested in a group buy and he said he'd take 15% off the sale price of $295 if there were 10 buyers. This stands for the complete ground effects kit as well.

If ya want in, email him at jason@dgmotorsports.com and mention the group purchase that grinner is setting up. He'll email ya back stating what number you are. When there are 10, the discount applies. 250 bucks for this spoiler is pretty dang good.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Hemi_Hearse
Default RE: dgmotorsports group buy

Grinner, only if you could wait a bit, I would be all over this, just too strapped right now. It will look sweet on your ride, what do you think about the whole kit? That is what I am interested in. thanks

Old 06-10-2005, 09:19 PM
grinner
All Star

I like it ok.
I shaved my side modlings and I think the side skirts will give it too fat of a feel. Not hugely keen on the rear valance. Doesn't look bad at all, it just doesn't seem to add alot in the picture shown on their site. I love the front spoiler though. I was wantin one anyway and I was noticing it comes up on the fascia on the side a good bit. I have a crack down there and this'll cover it up. Two birds, one stone.
Plus, there is alot to be said for good bidness. Talkin' to Jason, I could tell he cares about the customer. He listens, is informative and what can I say? I like him. Made me wanna not only do business with him, but send as much as I can his way.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Hemi_Hearse

Grinner, I spoke with a girl over there the other day and asked her about the clearance, (6" but it's on 20's, mine's on 20's too, rides at about 9" right now) she was very responsive, even went out and measured it for me. I, too, got the impression they like what they do, c'mon, who couldn't love customizing great looking cars, one of my goals in life if to love my career, not there just yet!

Old 06-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Magman3
Professional

I really thought hard about buying the front spoiler, but once you add in shipping and paint you're well over $500. I just dropped $2k on finishing up my stereo. I actually found a carbon fiber lip from another vendor that I'm interested in as well. It's about the same price but it doesn't need to be painted. Just for ***** and grins I may email Jason and see what number I am. If the deal is right and you really felt good about the service, I may purchase one for the Mag.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved this to the correct forum, but left a shadow so people will still see it. Thanks for setting the Magnum owners up Grinner!!

~Amanda

Old 06-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Magman3
Professional

Hey Grin, any idea when you may have this thing installed. Did Jason tell you how it was shipped, Primed and ready to go, or rough? Is the kit fiberglass or that plyable soft plastic crap that Xenon uses for its kits. Ever used one of those Xenon kits and try to get the things to conform to the body of your car, or how about getting paint to stick. Does the kit seem worth the money?

Old 06-12-2005, 12:40 AM
grinner
All Star

Because it's made out of Urithane, it can be folded in half for shipping, making it around 60 bucks. It'll pop right back into place for a perfect fit. Painting won't be more than 100 at a body shop, if that much.
The only ground effects kits I have ever owned have been fiber glass (it's been a while). This makes installation a bit tougher because it's not plyable and it makes for more brakes.
The carbon fiber spoiler you found (if it's the rksport one) is not ready yet. It's on back order for an undetermoned period of time. I ordered it months ago, waited for weeks, then found out they don't know when it will be available. They said they'd sjust keep my order in place and surprise me by debiting my debit card when it's available. lol! No thanks, man. I think it looks neat and it's cool that it doesn't have to be painted but A: it'll brake if tapped and B: I just can't do bidness with people who advertise products that don't exist.
I'm thinking I may paint this spoiler myself. I have some paint in a spray can on the way. Got it here:
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spr...t_matched.aspx
You can get your paint code from the jam of your driver's door. I can take a pic and hilight where it is if you need me to.
As small as the spoiler is, it'll be easy enough to paint, costing less than 20 bucks and I'll have plenty of spare paint in case I scratch it, scrape it or my wife parks it over a parking curb.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 AM
obiwan

Needs the flex agent in it otherwise the paint will crack and peel if the urathane is flexed too much.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Magman3
Professional

I was looking at the rk sport spoiler. That's a crock of crap that it isn't available. I was having second thoughts anyways about it after much deliberation. I'm going to just go with this one, if the price is right. I may wait until you get your's installed so I can see if there are any unforseen issues. What's the ETA on you getting the spoiler and installing? I'm sure you will have that thing on the day you receive it. Be sure to post pics ASAP after installing, I'm really looking forward to seeing the outcome. If my wife knew I was even thinking about something else for the Mag she would probably leave me!

Quick Reply: dgmotorsports group buy