Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

True Cold Air Kit (2005 Durango/5.7 Hemi)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Clear Image Auto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Cold Air Kit (2005 Durango/5.7 Hemi)

Hello everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself to your forum. We specialize in headers, intake, exhaust and other custom parts. We have been building, what many customers consider to be the best, headers and intake kits for years for the 94 - 96 Impala SS. My wife and I purchased a 2005 Durango with 5.7 Hemi. Though I rarely drive it, when I do, I want more performance than what the stock set-up has to offer. The first thing we did was swap the stock mufflers for a set of MagnaFlow and a straight out the back, polished stainless, slant cut tip. The rest of the exhaust is surprisingly good from the factory, with the exception of the stock manifolds.
The next thing I did was build a cold air kit for it. It can be installed in about 20 minutes and air is drawn from the front of the passenger side airdam. We built fixtures so we can reproduce them and I am currently waiting for the first ceramic coated intake tubes. Sound is a little more aggressive but not intrusive due to the location of the filter. I think I am safe to say there is nothing else like it on the market, nor is there any other intake kit which will provide the same airflow. The filter we use will flow 1230 cfm, so there is LOTS of room for other modifications.

I spoke to Amanda today and agreed to donate the first production kit to the forum. She will be posting the details on the eligibility. I am happy to announce I am now a forum Vendor. My banner should appear by Wednesday.

Anyways, there isn't much we can't do at our shop. So if there is a need for a modification, and we can feasibly bring it to market, we will. My best advertisement has always been superior products and superior customer service. I hope to establish the same reputation here, as I have done on the Impala SS Forum.

If you are interested in taking a look at the pre-production kit, here you go:

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...ngo%20Hemi.htm

When we do something, we do it right or not at all.

Comments are welcome.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: True Cold Air Kit (2005 Durango/5.7 Hemi)