Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Peragon Truck Bed Cover - DodgeForum Member Discount

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peragon Truck Bed Cover - DodgeForum Member $40 Discount

Peragon already offers an unbeatable value for a solid aluminum, retractable truck bed cover. This just makes it even better.
  • The $40 discount is available to members of this forum. Please provide your member name in the "Comments" section of your online order or tell us when ordering by phone. Example: "My DodgeForum member name is: _____. Please apply the $40 DodgeForum discount to my order." We'll apply the discount and adjust your order total before processing your credit card. If you're not a member, join!
  • Don't procrastinate - this offer ends at midnight, Saturday March 31st, 2012.
  • PLUS a Military / Law Enforcement / Fire Discount! If you're active or retired Military / Law Enforcement / Fire, we'll give you an additional $25 discount and a FREE Tailgate Seal Kit or Dual Deadbolt upgrade or Stainless Steel upgrade. Again, just mention it in the "Comments" section of your online order or when ordering by phone, then email us proof of status or send us an email from your organizational email account. We'll adjust your order total and add the free Tailgate Seal before processing your order. It's a small way for us to honor those who serve our country. (There is no time limit for this discount. It is available anytime to qualified Peragon customers.)

The Peragon truck bed cover has been Made in the USA for 13 years. Our third generation cover launched mid-2011 and is earning positive reviews:

To learn more about our unique truck bed cover, please visit our web site at Peragon.com. Our contact information follows and I will respond personally to posts as time permits. All email and phone calls/messages will be responded to in a timely fashion.

Sales and Customer Service 877-473-7246 ext 1
info@peragon.com

Thank you!

Last edited by Peragon; 03-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm very interested and have a few questions I thought I'd ask in the forum so others can see the answers.

1)What kind of life does the Powdercoat finish have from sunfade? I'm in NY, so no intense sun heat like the south.

2)Also, how much weight can these aluminum covers hold? Do I have to worry about a wet heavy snowfall here in NY when I'm on vacation?

3)It looks like I'd have to cut my bedliner that goes up over the front edge by the rear window?
4? Can I use hide-a-hooks(mopar) to cover the bedrail holes or do they have to be open for a tight seal on the sides? I guess the open look I dont like all that much. Nice clean cover and then 2 holes on each side looks a little messy. I don't mind using a rubber friendly rtv sealant around the hooks if need-be.
5)Any modifications to the rear spoiler? I see truck pics have it, just didn't know if there were any mods needed.

Thanks for your time.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I'm very interested and have a few questions I thought I'd ask in the forum so others can see the answers.
I am very happy to answer your questions. These and others are also discussed in our FAQ, http://peragon.com/faq.

1)What kind of life does the Powdercoat finish have from sunfade? I'm in NY, so no intense sun heat like the south.
1) The powder coating is holding up extremely well, even in the desert SW, TX and south FL. We have had no complaints about sun fade or peeling since changing vendors a number of years ago.

2)Also, how much weight can these aluminum covers hold? Do I have to worry about a wet heavy snowfall here in NY when I'm on vacation?
2) You don't need to worry at all about snowfall. The cover has been designed and tested to easily support 500 pounds of evenly distributed weight. However, it must be removed before driving.

3)It looks like I'd have to cut my bedliner that goes up over the front edge by the rear window?
3) Nope, you won't have to cut anything. The part over the front edge is fine. The only liner that requires cutting is one that wraps over the sides of the truck, which is an over-the-rail bedliner. In those cases, the liner needs to be turned into an under-the-rail liner, or be removed.

4? Can I use hide-a-hooks(mopar) to cover the bedrail holes or do they have to be open for a tight seal on the sides? I guess the open look I dont like all that much. Nice clean cover and then 2 holes on each side looks a little messy. I don't mind using a rubber friendly rtv sealant around the hooks if need-be.
4) Our rail system is designed to leave the stake pocket open for accessories that use them. I'm not familiar with hide-a-hooks, but if they are a typical stake pocket tie down point, I believe you'll be fine with those too. Our seal along the outside edge of the rail can be trimmed to fit if necessary. The aluminum rail itself remains outside of the stake holes on every cover we make.

5)Any modifications to the rear spoiler? I see truck pics have it, just didn't know if there were any mods needed.
5) If you're referring to the rear spoiler/tailgate cap on the tailgate, no modifications are required. If you think that I might not understand what the spoiler is, feel free to post a photo and I can give you a more informed answer. I had a customer who installed our cover on his SR-10 where there was a more pronounced spoiler. I have notes and pics on that install if anyone is interested.

Thank you very much for the interest and the questions. I hope I did a good job answering them for you.

Last edited by Peragon; 02-24-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:36 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Awesome. Thanks

Old 02-24-2012, 09:57 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Cant wait for the cover to get here. It'll be like Christmas next week!

I sent you a PM.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor

Cant wait for the cover to get here. It'll be like Christmas next week!

I sent you a PM.

PM replied to.

Have a good one!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Karmak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any plans to bring this discount back?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Karmak
Any plans to bring this discount back?
Karmak,

Thank you for your interest in the Peragon cover!

We don't have another promotion scheduled at the moment. However we do have a $25 discount available for forum members. If you wish to take advantage of this, you can place your order online and put the following in the "Comments" field. A059, DodgeForum $25 Discount, username Karmak

Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

I recieved the bedcover yesterday. Everything appeared to be in good shape, although I haven't open up the panels yet. I decided to start install it this morning, but I wasn't able to beat the snow...The only snow in like 3months. Figures. I have the frame assembly all mounted and installed but still have just the panels, shocks, and adjusters to install. Prob 1/2hr of work left. Maybe friday it will be dry enough?
I'll post back with pics ofcourse when I finish ;-)

Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor

I recieved the bedcover yesterday. Everything appeared to be in good shape, although I haven't open up the panels yet. I decided to start install it this morning, but I wasn't able to beat the snow...The only snow in like 3months. Figures. I have the frame assembly all mounted and installed but still have just the panels, shocks, and adjusters to install. Prob 1/2hr of work left. Maybe friday it will be dry enough?
I'll post back with pics ofcourse when I finish ;-)
Thanks Rich! We're getting our biggest snow storm of the year. Up to 11" today.

Quick Reply: Peragon Truck Bed Cover - DodgeForum Member Discount